Monday, May 18, 2009

I'll huff, and I'll puff...

On Good Friday an F-4 tornado tore through the city of Murfreesboro.  One of the hardest hit areas was the Blackman community where we live.  This YouTube footage shows the tornado passing over I-24.  Where you first see the funnel touch the ground on the left of the screen - that's where we live!

WKRN Tornado Footage

We were so blessed to come through the storm safely with barely a scratch on our house.  Many of our neighbors however were not so fortunate.  As you leave our house and head toward I-24 the damage gets worse and worse.  Our closest neighbors had roof damage and lost backyard fences.  At the end of the cul-de-sac houses had windows blown out and structural damage.  The photos really speak for themselves.
IMG_3076IMG_3075IMG_3072IMG_3070IMG_3065IMG_3056IMG_3055

I also want to thank everyone that helped us out - for all the prayers, to the Hills who loaned us a generator, and a BIG thank you to my brother and his family for taking us in that night at the last minute.  We love you all!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments :

Post a Comment