Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our Journey...

Hello to family and friends who have been faithful followers of The Shepherd Family!  It's been too long since I last published and I apologize for our absence.  The resident web master (that's me!) has been doing experiments of her own with various blog hosts so thank you for your patience through our technical difficulties.

We were with Vox for quite a while but after experiencing some posting difficulties paired with the "only registered users can comment" issue I decided to look for greener pastures.  I heard great things about Wordpress and was even given a link to upload all our old posts to our new blog.  It sounded easy and like it was the way to go but halfway through my first post I realized I could not post videos of my adorable children without paying for a site upgrade!  I'm all about free and user friendly so that was a deal-breaker for me.  It then occurred to me that I had been ignoring the one blog host I have never had issues with - Blogger!  So, here we are - may our future be full of words, photos, and video chronicling our crazy and amusing lives!  Enjoy!

P.S.  If you missed our previous posts, you can still view them at Vox here.

UPDATE  - Sept 2010 - Just received word that Vox will no longer exist after the end of this month!  It was another three-ring circus but I managed to transfer all our old posts to this blog.  Still working on fixing the video parts but the pictures and content are all there.  Hope to cut the cord and be completely free of Vox by the deadline and then maybe, just maybe, Lord willing and if the creek don't rise, you'll see some new posts from us!  Stay tuned!

No comments :

Post a Comment